By Micahel Golay,John S. Bowman
Read or Download Civil War (America at War) PDF
Similar children's history nonfiction books
Suggested by means of the typical center kingdom criteria for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational textual content. every kind of individuals are coming to the United States. in case you are ecu, you return looking for freedom or riches. in case you are African, you come back in chains. And what concerning the Indians, what's occurring to them?
In an attractive narrative kind, South Carolina completely examines existence within the early colony, together with such information because the Yamasee warfare, pirate assaults, slavery, and the impact of such vegetation as indigo and rice. a complete bankruptcy specializes in the varied American Indian tribes - typically the Cherokee and Catawba - who lived through the colony, from the coast and lowlands up into the Appalachian Mountains.
Describes the heritage of the Washington Monument, the way it was once outfitted, and what it represents.
Milestones of Flight takes readers hovering in the course of the excessive issues of yank aviation: from the Wright brothers and their rivals to the army pilots who first circumnavigated the globe, from the preliminary area rocket to the moon stroll, from the earliest artifical satellite tv for pc to trendy undercover agent drones.
- The Quest for Z: The True Story of Explorer Percy Fawcett and a Lost City in the Amazon
- Girls Rebel! (Girls Rock!)
- Maravillas de Estados Unidos hechas por el hombre (America's Man-Made Landmarks) (Social Studies Readers : Content and Literacy) (Spanish Edition)
- A Voice from the Holocaust (Voices of Twentieth-Century Conflict)
- Florida in the Early 20th Century: Boom and Bust (Social Studies Readers)
- The Whydah: A Pirate Ship Feared, Wrecked, and Found
Extra resources for Civil War (America at War)
Civil War (America at War) by Micahel Golay,John S. Bowman